The circle of care refers to the network of people who are involved in a patient’s care, such as family members, friends, and other healthcare professionals.
It’s so important to keep the whole circle of care in the loop. Here are some reasons why:
Improved Coordination of Care
When you engage a patient’s circle of care, you have access to a wider network of support. This can help to improve the coordination of care, ensuring that the patient’s needs are being met in a comprehensive way. For example, if a patient has multiple healthcare providers, engaging their circle of care can help to ensure that all providers are working together to provide the best care possible.
Giving every stakeholder access to all the relevant communication as appropriate (and without breaking HIPAA compliance!) keeps everyone in the loop. You can ensure that everyone is on the same page and that important information is shared in a timely manner. This can help to prevent misunderstandings and ensure that the patient receives consistent care.
Increased Patient and Family Satisfaction
Solid communication also increases patient and family satisfaction. When families are involved in their loved one’s care, they feel more connected to the care process and are more likely to be satisfied with the care provided. This can lead to increased referrals and positive word-of-mouth for your agency.
At the end of the day, what everyone wants is better outcomes for the patient. When the circle of care works together, the patient is more likely to receive the best possible care. This can lead to improved health outcomes and an overall better quality of life for the patient.
Because engaging the circle of care is so crucial, enCappture Home Care apps allow providers to create user-friendly circles of care around every client. The apps allow agencies, caregivers, clients, and their families to communicate safely (fully HIPAA compliant!) in real-time, access video libraries, and view care plans and case-focused resources all in one place.
- Care Notes: The application allows new caregivers to view the notes of previous caregivers. This promotes effective communication, ensures continuity of care, and allows caregivers to provide the highest level of care possible.
- Office Staff in the Loop: Your agency’s office staff can review (or join) the conversations between caregivers and families, which allows for seamless communication among all parties involved. This feature promotes transparency, avoids miscommunications, and ensures that everyone is up-to-date on the patient’s care.
- Reduce Check-in Calls: Providing 24/7 connectivity can save staff time and your agency money. This feature allows families to feel more connected, promotes peace of mind, and reduces unnecessary communication, freeing up valuable time for caregivers to focus on providing quality care.
- Photo sharing: Share pictures of the client and their environment to create deeper connections within their circle of care.
- Client and Caregiver Feedback: A feedback system is integrated into the app to allow clients and caregivers to provide feedback on the quality of care provided. This can help agencies identify areas for improvement and gives caregivers an important voice in their work.